Lets see those Drip Systems.....

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
i have drip systems on my big tanks. ive been having problems with metals, chlorine, or something like that (my armatus starts acting funny). i just have 3 inline carbon water filters, and was wondering what u use....

IMG_2836.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
filters the incoming water.... drip system means tank changes it own water....

i will be setting mine up soon.... im running out of reasons to put it off....lol ill be running the dose matics like Neo.... id rather be 100% sure nothing can go wrong....with carbon alone if i didnt have chlorimines id be too scared of them being added...

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
You need to check with your local water authority to see if your water contains chloramine or not.

Chlorine can be removed with a simple carbon filtration.

Chloramine CAN NOT be removed with carbon, even with a chloramine remover, the end result will be a small trace of ammonia.

You need to use a neutralizer such as prime or amquel.

To do this in the drip system, you will need an injector that mix the prime solutions with tap water.

I personally run the Dosmatic setup on mine becasue my local water source have both chlorine and chloramine. It drips 50 gallon per day on my 240

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Nic;1973507; said:
filters the incoming water.... drip system means tank changes it own water....

i will be setting mine up soon.... im running out of reasons to put it off....lol ill be running the dose matics like Neo.... id rather be 100% sure nothing can go wrong....with carbon alone if i didnt have chlorimines id be too scared of them being added...
can u elaborate on this "dose matic"? im not sure if i have chlorimines or not.....
flamenco-t;1973864; said:
You need to check with your local water authority to see if your water contains chloramine or not.

Chlorine can be removed with a simple carbon filtration.

Chloramine CAN NOT be removed with carbon, even with a chloramine remover, the end result will be a small trace of ammonia.

You need to use a neutralizer such as prime or amquel.

To do this in the drip system, you will need an injector that mix the prime solutions with tap water.

I personally run the Dosmatic setup on mine becasue my local water source have both chlorine and chloramine. It drips 50 gallon per day on my 240
thanks for the info! im gonna get my water tested asap.....

if i dont change my filters exactly once a month, my armatus starts getting agitated with something..... could this be my prob?????

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
skynoch;1974482; said:
How many gallons a day are you running?
im at about 145 gallons a day, on my 450 gal..... its keeping my nitrates at 20ppm

according to the life of my filters, a single filter should last 55 days at that rate.... and i have 3

john C

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
ohio
here is mine it is the same as yours i run two carbon filters on two 300 gal tubs no problems that i know of yet,but i sure was a little nervuos doing it i am only running 30 gallons a dayon each tub.

drip system 003.JPG

drip system 004.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store