Filters on my 150

Lady G

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
Wisconsin
OK, currently I have 2 HOBS both with 2 bio-wheels on and a Mag 330...along with 1 powerhead (not sure if that counts or not so I'm including it). I just got a Mag 350, that I am adding also....so what I want to know is, should I remove one of the HOBs or leave them both and run both canisters?

It is a 150g tank....I have 1 10-11" Oscar, 4 JDs (between 4-7"), 2 6" Midas/RDs, 1 8" Clown knife, and a 12" Pacu....oh, and my 9" Common Pleco.

I know the Pacu and Clown need bigger homes before long...I don't need that info, what I need to know is would it be OK to move the 1 HOB and add the mag 350?

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
id leave them on....

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
I would recommend adding a bigger canister to that tank, like a Fluval FX5

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
YEP,YEP, i'd leave them on also.

Lady G

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
Wisconsin
OK...that is what I will do then!!! Thanks guys!

Yes, I know a bigger canister would be ideal, but I'm a little low on cash right now...so just pickin up what I can, till later. I got it from a member over at AC and it was really a GREAT price!!! The 330 I already had it was suppose to be for my 70g but when I got this tank....well that one was put on hold, already had the 2 HOBs also.

OK, I'm adding a new 1 question here....should I make my UGF (forgot to add I have that running also) anyway, do you think I should connect the canisters to it with the outflow going into the tubes and make it a RUGF?

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Use all of those filters.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
ewurm;1975856; said:
Use all of those filters.
:iagree: and I would go with the reverse UGF.

Lady G

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
Wisconsin
WOO-WOO!!! Alright guys....thanks, now I'm off to get some media for it and then I'll be getting it set up!!!! LMAO, soooo funny to be all excited over a filter:grinno:

As for making it reverse....I just need to stick the out hose in the tube that goes down to the UGF right, and then make sure it is snug...any tips or anything on what I need to do, any special parts I should buy or anything else? OOOOHHH, I know what I wanted to ask, ok the UFG has 4 tubes coming up, I have the powerhead in one, and will have outtake in 2 of them, the remaining one...should I leave it as is, should I take it out, should I add another powerhead????

Anyway, thanks everyone for the quick responses and help!!!!!!

Lady G

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
Wisconsin
Well, Thanks....sure I can post new pics!
I had to take some of the reeds and stick things out, the O and the Pacu, well they liked to pull them out of place. I wanna add more again and may, but right now I'm thinking about some floating plants instead. LOL, I also knocked my "background" thing off before this pic, cause I was hooking up the new canister and well, I haven't put it back yet.:)

025.JPG

028.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store