is this possible?

jizon82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
outside
first i want to say hello and this is my thread on this part of the forum. i have two fluval fx5's and was wondering if connecting both outputs together into one output, to create a cleaner look for my tank that i'm currently building a stand for, would work and or is advisable to do at all. it maybe a weird thing to ask but it's the kind of thing i think of when i at work to pass time. thanks for help in advance everyone.

jizon82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
outside
i could be blind, not to be offensive, but i've tried to look through these threads but couldn't find anyone who has tried or thought of doing this.

ArttyFish

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
The Land Of Fish Lovers
I think that it is possible if you went to Home Depot and buy like a Y shaped pvc fitting. Make sure it is 1 inch in diameter because the FX5 hoses are 1 inch. I would also buy hose clamps just to get a tighter seal. Your limited to your imagination. I prefer to have two separate output from each FX5 because you have more ways to direct water flow in your tank.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
you can do it but you will need to find a 1" Y into 1.5"-2" for the single return other wise either 1 fx5 will be canceled out completely or both will be reduced to half.

I dont know if you can find a two 1" to one 1.5'-2" Y but for both FX5's to work a full capacity that is what you would need other wise it is just a waste...

jizon82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
outside
BushFishRox;1981769; said:
you can do it but you will need to find a 1" Y into 1.5"-2" for the single return other wise either 1 fx5 will be canceled out completely or both will be reduced to half.

I dont know if you can find a two 1" to one 1.5'-2" Y but for both FX5's to work a full capacity that is what you would need other wise it is just a waste...
that's what i was thinking.

jizon82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
outside
thanks again everyone. this was just one of my weird ideas while bored at work. i wanted to know if i could connect the outs without sacrificing flow that much.

dante w13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2008
mexico
you wont sacrifice the flow if you get a large output with the two hoses or you can just tie the 2 outputs together so thy look like one hose

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
item2302;2115993; said:
i don't know why you didn't ask me about it... i am an engineer, remember... and i'm your bro... meow...
And why didn't you explain to everyone the problem with putting two pumps in parallel? :popcorn:

Btw, WELCOME to MFK!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store