please help

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
i know im putting this in the wrong forum but this is the most viewed so im posting here------i have a huge piece of driftwood in my 225gallon i have a 21 inch silver aro a 16 inch tsn redtail hybrid a comoon pleco about 12 inches and 2 paroon sharks about 14inches each the problem is i had the driftwood in my tank for about three months i started developing brown-greenish gunk on the glass and gravel the fish seem sluggish but eating well...i do regular changes and maintenance but this gunk comes back faster... is this driftwood the cause ive washed it scrubbed it soaked and boiled it but nothings changed----any ideas or should i just get rid of the driftwood all together

stchris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2005
NYC
Lorenzo, you have to act quickly and give me all your fish before they kill your driftwood ! :D Just kidding ... Is the water turning color too ? Try a UV sterilizer. Maybe some pics would help.

instantthc

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Pa
have u recently opened a window, took down curtains, or anything that would expose more sunlight on the tank. if so this will cause an explosion of algae growth on glass drift wood or anything else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store