what pump is in your large sump

frasertheking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
scotland
people with systems around 300 gallons what kinda of pump do you run on your sumps ?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I never found a submersible pump that I liked, but on my 265 I'm running a little giant which is awesome, but hums a bit louder than I like. On my 300 and 125 (shared sump) I'm using a Reeflo Sequence Dart which is damn near perfect. Powerful, efficient, quiet, and reliable.

frasertheking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
scotland
thanks guys im trying to set up a system at some point but not sure on what pump to use.
what kinda price did you pay for those pumps ?

King Edward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I had a hozelok 7000 on my 250ish which was on offer at BQ in EK at 80 squid...it was a bit much but good, I've swapped for an aldi special 2500 for 25 squid, cause I'm scared the aquaponics will clogg and the 7000 will flood the house...again...

wlecount

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2006
Indy
I just purchased a Reeflo Barracuda, and even with a bit of initial troubles with a bad pump I love it. The thing has a ton of power and a great company behind it. The original was knocked out of alignment during shipment and they sent me a new one without question within 5 days. Even better it has a 3 year warranty compared to most that only have one. So take a look at any of the Reeflo pumps and you won't be dissapointed.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I use a Mag Drive 2400 GPH, been running it none stop 24/7 for 4 years straight on a 350 gal bank of tanks, with minimal maintenance.
Have a Mag Drive 1200 GPH on a smaller system (250 gal) that I just replaced with another one that's exactly the same. The original one had been running 24/7 (with the exception of maintenance) since 1987.
Replaced a volute and 2 impellers in that 20 years.

They can hum a bit, especially if the plumbing touches the side of the sump, but using styrofoam and sponges helped keep them quiet.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
wlecount;1988577; said:
I just purchased a Reeflo Barracuda, and even with a bit of initial troubles with a bad pump I love it. The thing has a ton of power and a great company behind it. The original was knocked out of alignment during shipment and they sent me a new one without question within 5 days. Even better it has a 3 year warranty compared to most that only have one. So take a look at any of the Reeflo pumps and you won't be dissapointed.
Glad to hear they took care of your issue. They are a kick ass company.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store