Water uneven in tank..

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
So I just set up my 120 gallon and the water is uneven by about 1/4-3/8". It's bad enough to where my dual overflows will not correctly work together the low side works fine but the high side gets way way too much water in. I'm assuming I will have to move the tank to another spot as I assume the floor in my basement has a little bit of a slant, Is there any alternatives as I really really want it set up right here..

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
you can shim the lower end up, but you would need to drain the tank a bit so you can lift that end...

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Drain the tank and fill it with even water. This is very similar to unlevel water, so I guess the solution should be the same. :D

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
BushFishRox;1990560; said:
you can shim the lower end up, but you would need to drain the tank a bit so you can lift that end...
Shim underneath the tank or the stand? It would be quite a bit of shimms I believe. I just measured it, it's 3/8" difference.. I put a level on the top of the tank and it is off but not a ton, the bubble just barely goes outside of the line but I guess with water you don't need much.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
you will want to shim the stand so the tank is still supported evenly... and if you go to HD you should be able to get those wood shims and you should only need a few of them... you can get a big bundle for like $10.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
No one's gonna say to raise up the lower overflow? Seems like less work to me.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
CHOMPERS;1990589; said:
No one's gonna say to raise up the lower overflow? Seems like less work to me.
depending on how the overflows are setup it might be easier...

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
A similar situation was recently discussed HERE.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store