cany for 30g?

Nicksplosion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
New Jersey
im looking for a good canister filter for my 30gallon, i currently have an AC20 and a tetra 30. what filter would you guys suggest?

Nicksplosion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
New Jersey
i wouldn't say im overstocked but i got
3 fm's
1 jd
2 pictus cats
1 pleco
my water is a little white/cloudy so i just got a little concerned.

gobucks1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
West Virginia
www.myspace.com
what are you using for filter media?
substrate?

you should be good stocking wise for a good while, but your JD should get a bit to big for that tank.
some may disagree with me on this, but i think by itself a JD will be alright in a 30 for life with great filtration, but not with all the fish you have in there.

he/she should be good in a 40 breeder though

Nicksplosion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
New Jersey
i am using the regular pads in the tetra and the foam, amonia remover, and bio media in the AC. the sub is natural colored gravel. i know the jd will not be good for life with all these guys but i plan on moving up to a 55-120gal.
i dont know much about bio filtration exept it used micro organisms and stuff, but could i use more?

gobucks1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
West Virginia
www.myspace.com
thats what it sounds like just a bacterial bloom, was the tank cycled?
was the gravel rinsed well?

try removing the carbon/ammonia remover, and just adding more sponges and bio media

Nicksplosion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
New Jersey
yes the tank was cycled and the gravel was boiled.
just cuirious, what does happen when you put fish in the tank to early? nothing i read say what will happen just what not to do!

gobucks1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
West Virginia
www.myspace.com
Nicksplosion;1994884; said:
yes the tank was cycled and the gravel was boiled.
just cuirious, what does happen when you put fish in the tank to early? nothing i read say what will happen just what not to do!
i always figured that if you put too much fish in the tank before the bacteria has a chance to build up, then the fish will produce more ammonia then the fish can denitrify

Nicksplosion;1994893; said:
also if it is a bacterial bloom, will it clear up with the quick cure and w/c's?
i dont really know what quick cure is, but lots of small w/c's should be good

Nicksplosion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
New Jersey
thanks alot man.
the quikcure is an ick and bacterial treatment. i never used it befor but have heard of it and my LFS said it was fine for me.
and thanks for replying so soon, you are the only one!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store