GPH

clarityaquariums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2008
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Hello, I was wondering on a few specs... I am in the works of building a 900 gallon aquarium (120" x 48" x 36"):headbang2 and i was wondering how to know which size of holes i needed drilled. I am looking for 4k to 5k GPH. I am planning on only having one island for the return, with two holes in that island. I was thinking 1" 1/2, but i keep hearing that that isnt large enough. Also I cant seem to find a protein skimmer for this large of an aquarium, any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks!
Justin

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
are you planning on just one over flow box???? i would sudjest more than one.... thats alot of tank... 2" for the drains and 1" maybe bigger for the returns... also as i posted in your other thread aquatic eco has large skimmers...

clarityaquariums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2008
Fort Wayne, Indiana
I plan on having 2 overflow boxes expect on the ends of the aquarium. Also have 1 island return box. Each end will have 2 2" holes. Do you guys think this is capable of doing 4-5k GPH? Also should each hole go into their own tower in the wetdry? 1 hole is going to be going to a closed loop sand filter. So i have 3 holes that i need to route.

Thanks,
Justin

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store