New Tank Question

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
So Im in the finall stages of my project, pictures coming soon. I wanted to put some rock or diftwood in the tank(s), but I am strapped for funds, I do however have about 40Lbs of cured live rock just sitting around. Can I put this in fresh water? I really don't see why I couldn't but just wanted to ask.

P.S I was going to trade this Live rock in for some driftwood, but decided to keep it for when I get ready to setup a salt.

Jfitz

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Montreal
nfored;2001902; said:
I do however have about 40Lbs of cured live rock just sitting around.
if cured live the rock is the kinda stuff they put in salt water aquariums you're better off selling it and buying regular rocks to make a giant cave or something :D

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
If I can't use it I will just keep it and buy rocks, I plan to setup a salt tank, and I know live rock is kinda costly. So when I finally get a salt setup in the future at least another year if not more ill already have the live rock. I think I have about $120 worth of live rock.

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
Found the answer, I can put it in there If i want to kill the rock. Basically I have found that the organisms on the rock will die in fresh water. Also would raise the ph

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store