I've done it

severum1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Portugal
The first two rays for my big tank have arrived.

Here they are

One female Motoro more dark

and another female Motoro

They arrived in bad shape due to amonia burn :irked:

Let see how they evolve in my big tank

I believe in plant power so i don't have any mechanic equipment in this tank. I know this is going to be a litle bit polemic so give me your feedback on this.

The problem is that the two rays aren't in good shape and if they die we will never know what were the problems of the death.

If you want more details, you can see my greenhouse in my signature link.

Regards

Kevaldo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
England
severum1;2017531; said:
The first two rays for my big tank have arrived.

Here they are

One female Motoro more dark

and another female Motoro

They arrived in bad shape due to amonia burn :irked:

Let see how they evolve in my big tank

I believe in plant power so i don't have any mechanic equipment in this tank. I know this is going to be a litle bit polemic so give me your feedback on this.

The problem is that the two rays aren't in good shape and if they die we will never know what were the problems of the death.

If you want more details, you can see my greenhouse in my signature link.

Regards
shame they got so badly burned, with a bit of good water they should be fine , good luck with them.

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
Ouch that is some bad burn. They look good otherwise though.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
that ammonia burn is really bad... hope they make it.... im happy to see them in the ponds.... keep me posted on progress... gotta pm you the updates from my friends set up as well....

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Sucks they came in like that, the lighter one might colour up some more when it gets less stressed.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
If the ammonia burn doesn't kill them,

the lack of oxygen at night will..

you MUST have some sort of oxygen..

chanacrossbreeds

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2007
Bangkok , Thailand
2 nd Motoro female look very nice. By the way you may need some good filtration for that pond.

YSCagro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2008
Malaysia
www.yscagro.com
ur brighter female look fine...the darker 1 look abit weird to me...the disc size doesnt seem good, near the tail there, the disc gap seem like too big....izzit normal???
by the way, realli sad to see rays arrive in that kind of condition...do updates us!!

severum1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Portugal
Kevaldo;2017548; said:
shame they got so badly burned, with a bit of good water they should be fine , good luck with them.
Thank you Kev.

stingray man;2017596; said:
Ouch that is some bad burn. They look good otherwise though.
Yes, very bad.

Nic;2017814; said:
that ammonia burn is really bad... hope they make it.... im happy to see them in the ponds.... keep me posted on progress... gotta pm you the updates from my friends set up as well....
Yes Nic. Keep me posted to on those updates.

flagtail;2017905; said:
No offense, but not sure what looks worse, the ammonia burn on ray, or that pond!
Looks like the only thing that will do well in there are mosquito breeding......LOL

Have you done any tests on that water?
I'm not offended. I'm here to show you what i do and to learn with you all.

If you see my thread of the greenhouse you will see that all my fishes are in good conditions. I don't use any mechanic equipment, only plants. And you could be sure that they do all the work.
The rays tank is heavely planted, as you can see in that thread. All the left side is planted. The plants are fine and doing their work despite the PH that is a little to high, 8.5. I would prefer, and the rays to, that it was a litlle bit lower. I'm thinking on using lots of woods to lower it down.

There is no amonia in there and the tank is full of Gambusia, so there are no mosquitos larvae and the rays have lots of feeders. The algae that you see are normal because of the sun. And they are no problem for the moment because algae are plants, not very beautiful :ROFL:, but they produce oxigen as the other green plants.

davo;2017925; said:
Sucks they came in like that, the lighter one might colour up some more when it gets less stressed.
Let see if they survive.

Miles;2018632; said:
If the ammonia burn doesn't kill them,

the lack of oxygen at night will..

you MUST have some sort of oxygen..
For now there will be no oxigen problems. The tank is very big for this 2 rays. I know rays need lots of oxigen in the water and when they will grow up i've planned to have a pump, only at night, working with green energy. It's all in my thread. And i'm planning on having some sort of heating to.

IMO the problems are the PH that is a little to high and the conditions at the arrival.

chanacrossbreeds;2018644; said:
2 nd Motoro female look very nice. By the way you may need some good filtration for that pond.
No better filtration than plants IMO

YSCagro;2018884; said:
ur brighter female look fine...the darker 1 look abit weird to me...the disc size doesnt seem good, near the tail there, the disc gap seem like too big....izzit normal???
by the way, realli sad to see rays arrive in that kind of condition...do updates us!!
I believe that Motoro is very normal. Perhaps is a problem of the pict. And yes i'll update it.

More opinions? Or am I completly wrong?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store