Eheim Pro3e 2078, Is the computer-SERVICE-indicator accurate?

Damon0306

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
New Jersey
Just cleaned my Eheim Pro3e 2078 canisters for the first time last night. This was the first cleaning since startup. Man they are heavy when filled with media and water, I was shocked at the weight of each canister when moving them into the kitchen for cleanup, I was worried that the plastic that there made from would crack under the weight (it doesnt seem that sturdy)

The service indicators on all 3 of them went from 6 months, to 2 months on 2 of them, and 3 months on one of them.

I wonder how accurate the service lights really are.

Yes the filters had pretty gunky water in them, but the main top blue pad, and white filter fleece pad were not that dirty at all.

The media baskets (filled with SubstratPro & Mech ceramic rings) were barely dirty.

Do have 10 wakin goldfish that I feed twice a day and they do poop a lot, but still the filters didnt look that dirty.

Factory reset the computer on each canister, put it back in operation, I wonder how long they will last this round before I start losing the cleaning lights on the display (1 led = 1 month).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store