Silicone

bettagurl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Hampton VA
My tank's silicone looks like it's about to come off.. When I bought the tank it was fine, the sili looked a little worn, but now it's to the point where I think it's going to bust any moment.
I still live with my parents, and they think it's perfectly fine, and refuse to replace it. I'm worried about stripping the silicone and replacing it because I have never done it before, and neither have my parents. There is algae growing under the loose silicone right up to the edge of the tank, half of a MM more and there is going to be 55 gallons on her antique rug. I just don't know what to do, I love my fish to death, and I'm in the middle of a breeding project in that tank, but God knows, if it breaks (Esp. if we're gone or in the middle of the night) they'll all be dead and the floor and rugs will be completely ruined.
I'm pretty sure I'm just ranting, because I'll probably end up putting my fish for sale of craigslist and getting rid of the tank I've worked so hard on :(
And since that is my only tank at the moment except for the QT that has my ACF, I'll be out of the hobby for years possibly. Unless you count the betta..
I've only had the tank for a year. I got it almost exactly a year ago.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store