Help with Durso Pipe.

idle0095

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Manchester, NH
What is the best way to make my durso pipe always flow water and stop the noise? right now i have about a 1/4 hole on the top with a piece of air hose in it. ive tried 1/16 all the way to 1/4 and it still dont suck water 24/7. what i mean is it will suck water then release air then suck water. but it makes that guggle sound everytime. its noisy. one time i had a air hose in the intake of the durso pipe and it worked great and never was nosiy like a toliet. but it stopped working. the water level dont rise up and down. so its a start but i need to know how to stop the noise. i basically want to know how my lfs got theres so quite. it looked like they had a hole drilled in the side at the top. any help would help.

idle0095

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Manchester, NH
its a 1" durso pipe. i was going to do the 1 1/4 but i didnt. here are the pics

idle0095

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Manchester, NH
really a 1/4" makes the difference? that will make it quite?

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
idle0095;2033302; said:
really a 1/4" makes the difference? that will make it quite?
I think it's the expansion from 1" to 1 1/4" that makes it quiet. I would also make it taller when you re-do it. Put the 90 degree part closer to the top of the tank. That will help quiet the water flow as it goes into the overflow box (the water doesn't fall as far). At least that's how I did it and mine is super quiet. Good luck and post your results. It'll help others in the future.;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store