Air Pump???

g_morin

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Brooklyn
ok i have always had a strip air stone in my tanks throughout the years and yesterday i went to the LFS and bought a new air pump, a little stonger a lot noisier anyway! my question is this with having a fluval FX5 is a air pump and 2 stones really needed for a 120 gallon tank? if not imma bring the pump back and get my money back its wayyy to loud and i hear that its not needed in most tanks anyway...
Thank You
Glenn

catfishlover106

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2007
Daly City/San Francisco, CA
If their is enough air flowing in from the FX5 like bubbles you get from the airstones then you fine but you would need it to keep your tank full of oxygen if your tank temperature is over 82 degree's. I keep my powerhead on with a airpump in it to oxygenate the whole tank. You will need it aswell if your tank has alot of fish in it and can help with ridding ammonia as so ive heard.

Guerillah

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2008
USA
I'm curious what pump you got so I don't get it? I was gonna add some airstones along the back of mine just because I like the look of it and I cant stand noisey aquarium equipment.

catfishlover106

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2007
Daly City/San Francisco, CA
I don't like noisy aquarium equipments myselfs but if its possible to get a different pump that is less noisy then go for it...I would go crazy if I had a annoying loud pump running. That would keep me up all night (-__0)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store