Leucistic NGT

Arowanaguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Orange County
Have anyone ever seen a leucistic datnoid?
I bought this NGT 5-6 months ago. He used to look just like a normal NGT when i first got him. Lately, his bars got washed out and turn to solid white with black eyes. Do you know what is going on with him? He is not stress out, eating market shrimp very well. He's around 4" now.
Thanks

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!
Sounds like he's lost his stability. I have one that gets the color you described but only when he is in hiding. He usually brightens back up when he is out from under cover for a while...Pretty certain not leucistic, especially if he wasn't when you got him.

zerelli

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2007
USA
I would not be too sure about it not being leucistic because it wasn't when he got it. I know a guy who had some freddies and one turned leucistic a week after he sold it. He had the fish for almost a year and two weeks after he sold it, BAM! all white and yellow.

Pulcher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2007
Florida
Fish cant just turn in to a mutation of there color. There born like that. I doubt you have a leucystic NGT as all of them can get washed out and all of them have black eyes. I have a Indo that is about 7" and gets completely washed out and is totally white. My friend calls him "scardey cat" because he is almost always pure white. He sometimes gets color though.

There has never been on record a morph of a Datnoide.

Arowanaguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Orange County
Thanks for all of your feed back. I think he stay white like that all the time eventhough he come out to eat or hide. I got some pics of him. Let me know what you think!
Thanks all

LeucisticNGT.jpg

LeucisticNGT2.jpg

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Arowanaguy;2061716; said:
Thanks for all of your feed back. I think he stay white like that all the time eventhough he come out to eat or hide. I got some pics of him. Let me know what you think!
Thanks all
Changing color is the way he's telling you he wants to go back to his previous owner :naughty::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Very rare site indeed. My only advice will be to waitit out.
I did however see a 3" ngt at my LFS, which was almost completely light gold, with barley a sign ofthe bars or markings, though not quite as white as yours. When the store assistant moved hte driftwood in the tank, the cambeli went stable again. Just be patient. give a hiding space, and maintain water quality.good luck, and keep us posted.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Interesting....cant wait for updates!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store