Is my catfish's chin ok?

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Sorry, I'm a bit of a catfish newbie. Will you guys look at his chin and tell me if it's normally pink like that or if maybe it's getting irritated by rubbing with the sand? Am I just being paranoid? His chin usually stays off the sand because he has a big belly but I want to make sure he's ok. It's pinker than you can see in the pics because of flash washout. thanx in advance.

08-07-08 Little Festae and stuff 089.jpg

08-07-08 Little Festae and stuff 105.jpg

08-07-08 Little Festae and stuff 100.jpg

08-07-08 Little Festae and stuff 101.jpg

08-07-08 Little Festae and stuff 106.jpg

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Actually he swims in place a lot and wears a hole in the sand. Then his chin seems like it might be rubbing as he wiggles his head side to side, back and forth on the sand as it slopes upwards.

If I'm :screwy: just say so. You won't hurt my feelings lol. :D

Where Flamenco-T or BigJ when you need them?

BigJ

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Ohio
balton777;2061246; said:
Actually he swims in place a lot and wears a hole in the sand. Then his chin seems like it might be rubbing as he wiggles his head side to side, back and forth on the sand as it slopes upwards.

If I'm :screwy: just say so. You won't hurt my feelings lol. :D

Where Flamenco-T or BigJ when you need them?
I dont see it being a big deal bro.. Maybe just rubbing a little like you said? No worries they are pretty tuff fish!!;)

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
BigJ;2061801; said:
I dont see it being a big deal bro.. Maybe just rubbing a little like you said? No worries they are pretty tuff fish!!;)
Thanks man. So it doesn't look too irritated then. I just want him to be as comfortable as possible.

He's so awesome....I can see his lines are starting to turn a little now.

BigJ

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Ohio
balton777;2061817; said:
Thanks man. So it doesn't look too irritated then. I just want him to be as comfortable as possible.

He's so awesome....I can see his lines are starting to turn a little now.

My two guy's look like that from time to time.... Sometimes i throw a half dose of melafix just to help... But he looks real nice to me man!!:)

LobstersGoPeenchPeench

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Iowa, United States
dude what type of cat is that? hes so sexy i only got my mini rtc(bumble bee jelly catfish) cuz my tank aint big enough to house ne monster cats. reason i say this is cuz my cousin had a rtc their body looks just the same only diff paterns and they eat just like the rtc's

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
LobstersGoPeenchPeench;2061910; said:
dude what type of cat is that? hes so sexy i only got my mini rtc(bumble bee jelly catfish) cuz my tank aint big enough to house ne monster cats. reason i say this is cuz my cousin had a rtc their body looks just the same only diff paterns and they eat just like the rtc's
:ROFL: thats the first time I've heard of that... I have both and can honstly say that there is NO comparision to a jelly and an RTC LOL Except being Fat LOL

:ROFL:

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
@balton
your tig is just rubbing its chin a lot on the glass and the substrate
one way to be sure of your cats being healthy is * if they eat well then they are all fine, else something is wrong and thats the time you start to panic *:D
basslover34;2062131; said:
:ROFL: thats the first time I've heard of that... I have both and can honstly say that there is NO comparision to a jelly and an RTC LOL Except being Fat LOL

:ROFL:
may be you should keep both of 'em in the same tank and see how similar they are:naughty::naughty::grinno::grinno: :D:D:ROFL::ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store