Didn't work as planned

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
Well I have been trying with no luck to get my tank drilled, just keep running into roadblocks. So I had an idea, but the more I think about it the more I see problems, tell me what you think.

I was going to setup an external pump on the back of the tank to suck water out of the tank and into the sump basically you would only see a small 1" pipe at the top of the water line.

But no I start to think about what If, what if it sucks faster then the return pump, it might run dry and catch fire or at least break. Then I though about hiding a submersible behind some drift wood, then all I could thank about is this thing pumping my tank dry.

Can you think of any way to make this work?

The thought of a overflow box scares me, I don't want an over flow that depends on an aqualifter

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
thats what I thought. oh well guess I am stuck with DIY overflow, I dont have any place to keep my fish for 2 to 3 days while my tank is drilled.

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
get a canister or just build your wet/dry above the tank and drill your wet/dry. thats the cheapest way to go. Get yourself a nice rubbermaid add a bulkhead and plumb the overflow into the wet/dry and have the pump in the tank.

Not the prettiest way but if you build a box for the pump it wouldnt be so bad and with a nice stand and DIY canopy combo you could hide the wet/dry and never have to drill glass or worry about overflowing.

now thats...

thinking
_______
l . . . . . l
l . . . . . l
l_______l

if you get the riddle you have an average intelligence level lol

I can tell im up way too late

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store