Flowerhorn Body Types

danz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
Escondido, ca
www.flowerhorncraze.com
I had seen there was some confusion around flowerhorn body types so wanted to post the various body styles.

Normal Flowerhorn
This is the ideal length of a flowerhorn and what a large % will be. Older generations were known to be longer and newer strains tighten up the overall body size. Anything longer then this is considered long and not desirable in the overall standard of the flowerhorn.

Normal GM Flowerhorn
The GM line is a very powerful line and one of the specific traits that was required to be a proper GM was a compact body.

Short Body Flowerhorn
Short body fish are typically 3/4 -1/2 the overall size of a normal fish and may or may not have parrot blood :p

Bonsai Flowerhorn
Bonsai's are the extreme SB of flowerhorns and have also been called "coins" since they are round and typically will not have much of a KOK. To be a bonsai they must look like a standard FH and not have a parrot mouth or the parrot notch. They also like a SB may or may not have parrot blood.

Kilin Parrot
These are the parrot cross with a Fh where the parrot body style is dominate and there is not a proper mouth and also have the parrot notch.

:headbang2

Jory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
las vegas, NV
im very glad you cleared all that up, theres been some FH insanity in the hybrid forum!

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
I thought bonsai and killin/kirrin were the same? Bonsai is Half BP as far as I know. The one you labeled bonsai is just another SB imo....Please correct me if I'm wrong....I think this thread is a shoe in for sticky...Has my vote :) The only hybrid sticky was moved to the photo lounge :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store