diving for Crabs in brewster, cape cod

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
i'm on vacation in cape cod and today and hopefully again we went to brewster beach! i usually go netting for crabs and killifish. i had small crabs and a couple killifish in my bucket when a Killifish grabbed a small Crab by the leg and shook like a frenzied shark!
i saw a young kid with a mask up end, kick, then come up with an unusual, definately rare crab. it was dark with yellow legs/claws and some yellow on its face. i got my mask a nd looked under. i saw that the bottom was ALIVE with al kinds of crabs and hermit crabs scutling around in the rock that make netting unpleasnt! me and my sister, Angelfish 17, filled up the bucket with all kinds of wierd crabs, including one like the one th kid gave my but with red shoulder eppaulets. what is it? my sister caught a wierd hermit crab that was red with white "cany stripes" on its legs. what is THAT?
it was really cool. i wondered how many of the crabs i had stepped on before i knew they were there and if any of them were even new to science! the yellow-legged one would definately be cool in an aquarium. what is it please! has anyone seen these habits in killifish before?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store