Filtering 2- 20gals with one xp3

Galaxie500

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2008
Charlotte NC
Hey people,

I am looking to buy 2 of the below 20gals and was wondering if I could use a couple "Y" type spliters, some extra hose, and one xp3 to filter these 20's.....

anyoner ever done this?

AQUARIUMS FOR SALE 002.jpg

AQUARIUMS FOR SALE 007.jpg

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Just anther idea rather than splitting the XP3, you could possibly stack the tanks and have the top level tank overflow into the lower tank with the xp3's intake and output on the top level tank (since i dont think the intake would work on a tank level with the xp3). To push the water back up to the upperlevel tank you could just get another pump.

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
If you stacked them, wouldn't you want the intake on the bottom tank? and the return on the top? I don't see why you couldn't hook both of these to the canister, just use a T for the intake, and a spray bar for the return.

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
nfored;2105362; said:
If you stacked them, wouldn't you want the intake on the bottom tank? and the return on the top? I don't see why you couldn't hook both of these to the canister, just use a T for the intake, and a spray bar for the return.
Im not sure, i tried using an xp3 at ground level with a tank, and it wouldnt work, maybe having to do with gravity having to assist the water to the intake of the filter?? Just a theory.

The "Y" may work, i dont know, I was just offering a another suggestion where the filter wouldnt have to work as hard and maybe prolonging its usable life.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store