Underwater Tape?

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hi There,

I am piecing together some hosing parts to make an input/output for an older canister filter that I have. I want to make sure the tubes are well sealed to the parts I am using. On the tubes on the outside of the tank I just used some silicone and black electrical tape. However, I was skeptical of using the black electrical tape on the inlet part of the hosing that will be underwater. I could use JUST silicone but I am giving this canister to a non-fish-savvy friend, and I need it to be very sturdy.

I would usually just use zip-ties or clamps combined with silicone to attached the hosing, but the pieces I had on hand around the fish room fit best if I put the rubber hosing INSIDE the plastic 'u-tube' shaped casing that will hang over the back. The problem is, with some back pressure it will blow that hosing right out of the plastic casing, and it's much more likely to spring a leak with this configuration. I thought about combining some teflon tape with silicone, and just hope it stays put.. but I would really feel better if there was a fish-safe underwater tape that won't leech any adhesives in the water... I would also assume the black electrical tape would lose its property underwater after a period of time and come apart.. I also can't clamp the hard plastic casing because it is rigid and will crack..

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance..

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Thanks buddy.. I love science and facts ;)

wow 5000 posts today.. and not a single 'nice fish' post.. :ROFL:

Think Lowes or Home Depot will have em?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store