Some suggestions needed.....

Garra Sutra

Feeder Fish
Aug 24, 2008
Seattle
Hi, happy I found this forum.

I was a bit unsure on where to post this, but since my setup is just getting started, I figured this would be the proper place.

I have somewhat of a unique circumstance. I am recently into a new business venture that will deal with distribution of small (1-2 inch) tropical fish. The fish are imported from overseas and I am in the process of building a "holding tank" that will serve as their home for a period of time between arrival and when I ship them to my customers. I need to be able to run a very high density fish load....somewhere in the 10-20 THOUSAND fish range. Is that realistic? The tank is as follows:

12 x 12 x 3 constructed of 6x6 pressure treated lumber
R-10 insulation board lining the tank
45 mil liner
The corners are secured using 1" all thread and tightened with nuts. There is 5/8 rebar at three points along each wall.

I had spoke with a local aquatic nursery and had them come do a consultation on the filter and pump setup, but would very much like some feed back on what I should use in regards to pumps and filters.

I was thinking of running twin 4000 tetra pond pressure filters with twin 5000 GPH pumps. Also running about 120 watt UV's on each setup as well. I was also looking at the Aqua UV Ultima filters.....somewhat unsure on what to run at this point.

If anyone could offer some suggestions that would be great.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Mattyou

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Jax Fla.
There is a company out of California called Aquanetics that specializes in commercial filtration units. I have seen their systems in numerous pet shops and shipping facilities. You can probably google them, give the specs and ask for a consult.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store