My glass is foggy looking

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
I just bought a 175g salt water tank and one one the sides is foggy. All the other sides are crystal clear. There are little clear circles from where the suction cups were. How do i clean it off. I've tried scrubbing it, 'tank wipes' and letting it soak. Is there something i can put on there to clear it up?

shecky95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
Illinois
have you tried scrubbing the glass with a algea scrubber?

Mine was like that too and i did that and it became alot clearer( jstu a suggestion or thought since I am no expert)

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Use vinegar. Some times you need to give it time. For light stuff, it will wipe right off.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
CHOMPERS;2120506; said:
Use vinegar. Some times you need to give it time. For light stuff, it will wipe right off.
By giving it time, I meant that the vinegar sometimes needs to soak in to do its job. Other times, a vinegar soaked sponge will quickly remove the haze.

dirtyblacksocks

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Moreno Valley
Your avatar made me laugh...I'm guessing the haze is either hard water stains or an imperfection in the glass, and as has been stated vinegar does a good job of cleaning it up.

If it comes down to it, and this is an empty tank - you can also try using paint thinner, but the tank has to be soaked afterwards and air dried....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store