filtering a 220

RedDevilDon2005

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2006
Lawrenceburg, In
www.myspace.com
ok, so i need help with the filtration set-up on a 220. i dont know what to do. a diy wet/dry or canisters. i need some help here lol. the stocking list is in my signature, but its not set in stone, the only thing that is are the polys and the devil. thanks guys/girls

RedTailKinG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
QUEENS NYC
oh i see use an fluval fx5 I use 2 of them on my 240 but you only need one really it will do up to a 400 gallon tank and filters 607 gallons an hour

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
A DIY wet/dry is the easiest and most cost effect method IMO. I say easiest because of how simple it is to clean. You can also hide equipment, store extra media, modify, and increase the total system volume.

You also don't have to be as concerned with flow rates. I usually turn my tanks over 3x per hour. A lot of people will argue that the mechanical filtration is lacking, but if the returns are positioned correctly, I find it to be the exact opposite.

RedTailKinG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
QUEENS NYC
no pics of that sorry but just type it in google fluval fx5 go to images its one of the best and I've had eheim canisters and all that good stuff but the best cycle and filtration I ever got was from these bad boys trust me you cant go wrong and very very easy to setup anyone with half a brain can do it

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
RedDevilDon2005;2125302; said:
ok, thats what i thought. i know how to do the the set up on a wet/dry, i just dont know what to use to get water in and out of the tank.
Over flows are really really simple once you see one in action. Other than that, a pump is all you need! There is more initial work on a wet/dry, but it's totally worth it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store