jardini & eastern long neck turtle

en71ce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
Sydney, Australia
hi,

i don't think this question has been raised here before so here it goes..

im planning to get a jardini, however a mate of mine is trying to offload his baby long neck turtle to me (3 inches shell diameter). the jardini i'm planning to get is going to be 5-7 inches big i hope.

at the moment i don't have neither animal and the tank is nearly ready for cycling, so i have a bit of time to think.

would the jar smash the turtle even at that size? or i guess the jar's growth rate will eventually make him big enough to gulp the turtle down

i've just finished installing a latex rock background to the tank and waiting for the silicon to cure, this background should provide enough hiding spaces for the turtle i think?

what do you guys think? i know i'm prolly going to get flamed for even thinking about combining these two together, but hey no harm in asking i suppose.. :nilly:

Piscineidiot

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2008
QLD Australia
Bit sketchy really. Turtles have a tendency to snap at things, even if they're too big to eat all in one go. A toga's a bit too expensive to try that out. Or at least that's my opinion...PLUS, eastern longnecks or, all turtles for that matter have a HUGE filtration load. They eat high protein foods and produce a LOT of waste. Just not worth the risk really.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
Turtles eat fish or at the very least remove chunks from them-Anne

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
turtles and fish dont mix

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
T1KARMANN;2147774; said:
turtles and fish dont mix
:iagree: Mixing amphibians and fish in a tank don't really go well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store