yellow tail congo tetras

jed11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2008
hawaii
can anyone please give me info. on how to breed yellow tail congo tetras. what i have acquired for the breeding is a 33 long tank, a matured sponge filter, peat filtered water, java moss and the bright light for the java moss.

any help would be appreciated;)

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Condition your fish with some high protein foods like bloodworms, live brine shrimp etc. Bring up the temp to around 78-80. When the females look ripe, they are probably already scattering eggs. Be sure to have a means of keeping the eggs or fry from being eaten by the adults. Lots of java moss will do the trick. It helps to block out most of the light around the tank except for one little area that natural sunlight can get through to in the early morning (this is when egg laying usually takes place). Unfortunately, you'll have to remove all adults to avoid predation. They usually pick off everything in the longrun.

This is only one way to go about it. Everyone has their own method.

GODZALLA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
IN FISH PARADISE
for conditioning of course live food for having high proteins

jed11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2008
hawaii
uhh this morning when my plant lights went on i found them spawning on java moss. How can i tell if the eggs are fertile? the eggs are clear right now and my colony consists of 3 males and 6 females

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Some are likely fertile. If you see eggs at all, take out the adults to get a bigger yield. Keep the fry tank pristine with small water changes. Adding an airstone wil help keep the eggs from fungusing. (is fungusing a real word? lol).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store