$200 craigslist pick up

byeung

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2008
Henderson, NV
Its a long way before i clean it all up and build a more appealing stand for it but this is what i found on craigslist for $200. By the way i've never had a sump before and have no idea how any of this works.

here is the Amiracle sump... it only came with bio balls... not sure what else ill need to have it up and running...

here is the pump that leads to a network of 4 pipes i know one is for the protein skimmer , and 2 pipes lead to 4 diffusers at the top of the tank and one leads to a spray bar at the bottom of the tank...

here is the equipment... it came with a huge protein skimmer that'll ill probably sell since this will be a freshwater tank. It also came with a hood that has a regular set of fluorescent bulbs your blue white and purple fluorescents. Then a high output set of lights it has 4 smartpaqs but when i plugged it in i guess i blew a ballast so i took it apart and i'll be looking to replace it with new ballasts as soon as i find 110w ballasts...

And last but not least here is the 50"x36"hx24" 3/4inch acrylic beast of a tank or at least in my book it is. I took out some of the piping in the overflow and underneath to try and clean out the salt...

I'll probably be updating and asking for help on how to piece this thing back together later this week. Thanks for looking. And if anyone is looking for a German made protein skimmer PM me.

byeung

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2008
Henderson, NV
I was also wondering if it is safe to use novus to polish the inside of the tank will it leave a harmful residue that will leach into the water?

blkg35

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
homeless.......
Nice grab. That is a really good deal.
You can use Novus to buff out the scratches, it is ok. Just rinse the tank really good when you are done buffing it. I have 6 acrylic tanks running and i used Novus on each one of them. No problems at all, it is safe for your fishes.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
nice pickup If you have trouble cleaning to salt off Try CLR I used it on my 585 when I got it (I'm still cleaning) but the salt cam off my overflow box really easy with it. Now idk if it will hury the acrylic b/c my tanks glass but it did work very well

byeung

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2008
Henderson, NV
thanks for the response yea the salt build up on the corners and in the overflow is taking me forever to scrub off ill look into the CLR maybe try it on a scrap piece of acrylic.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
very nice pickup. what a great deal. The sump & pump alone was worth that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store