New 5ftx 2ftx1.5ft with a small question

hutchcox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
Warwickshire - Kenilworth
Afternoon

Saturday afternoon I was looking at my 3foot tank and decided I needed an upgrade. I went straight to Ebay and came across a 5ft 95~ gal tank for only £60 and it was super local. So along comes Sunday morning my old man and I set about stripping out the back of his estate car to fit in my new tank. (and it almost worked :p)

I was told that they had the tank set up on this stand the hole time they owned it (and I seen pictures) However the tank hangs over about 1.5 inches one side and 1inch the other. My mum keeps making me worry about it all now as it’s a hell of a lot of water to be spilt. Will it actually defiantly be fine or shall I build an extension just to add support?

Thanks in advance

X

p.s. I have the tank 3/4 filled

canucksfan1

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
gibsons
personally i would extend the stand a bit to support the full edges on all sides

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
canucksfan1;2172417; said:
personally i would extend the stand a bit to support the full edges on all sides
agree totally-not worth the risk and thats a lot of water. Live in Kenilworth eh?-I used to live their there and my 2 boys go to School there at St.Nicholas. Nice town and good county for fishkeeping. Just been up to Wharf at the weekend to check it out-get my food from Cov Aquatics

hutchcox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
Warwickshire - Kenilworth
Cheers for the speedy replys guys! Me and my dad are going to some small supports just to be ont he safe side.

Berserker - Kenilworth seems to be the heart of it all. You seem to always find somone from here no matter where you go :p tis a small world. Not checked out Cov aquatics I use whitnash my self just becuase they have been very good to me.

x

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
hutchcox;2175776; said:
Cheers for the speedy replys guys! Me and my dad are going to some small supports just to be ont he safe side.

Berserker - Kenilworth seems to be the heart of it all. You seem to always find somone from here no matter where you go :p tis a small world. Not checked out Cov aquatics I use whitnash my self just becuase they have been very good to me.

x
not heard of Whitnash-get yourself to Wharf one day though...impressive.
A5 aquatics near Nuneaton is also good
Rob

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store