75 gallon tank stand..does this look right to you?

dcwallace

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2008
Arlington, va
Have not set up a tank in a few years and this will be the largest tank I have had, but I was setting it up this afternoon and I could not figure out if it looked correct and safe. I have attached some pics below. The tank is a perfect fit for the stand, and when I picked it up for purchase from the guy it was standing on the stand about half way full and looked perfectly stable. However, I thought most stands had more of a support beam below the tank. I notice that there are 2 pieces of wood about 5 inches below the tank, and that's what I did not understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can also take more pics if that helps. Also, there was some styrofoam behind the tank I think, fairly big piece, and I have seen that mentioned in this forum before regarding stands. Any ideas if that will help. I just want to make sure this stand will safely hold my tank.

Thanks

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

Bawb2u

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
MA
That's a standard MDF (particle board) stand made by All-Glass. As long as it hasn't gotten wet and has swelling of any of the board, it's fine and will hold the tank with no problems. There are thousands of those exact same stands in use now.

dante w13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2008
mexico
Styrofoam only if you need to even the tank if you have a slight inclination it will help resolve it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store