pics of 120

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
so i just picked up my 120. Its a second hand tank from a co worker so i didnt spend a lot. Tank is 48x24x24 and it currently has 3 46.5 110 watt VHO bulbs. I plan on adding either 2 or 3 more, we'll see how much room i have in the canopy when all is said and done.

Here are some quick pics of the tank, Ill add more tomarrow as things start to take shape.

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
so heres the latest. I got 90 gallons of water in it, and the wife decides she wants to move things around to make it fit into the living room better. Okay, thats fine because all i had in it was sand, so im glad i heard it before i had rock in lol. So i will have pics up tomarrow with it in its final resting location. Water sand and rock will all be added. Things are being filtered right now to keep water clean and sand and rock alive. After adding half volume of water i will finish plumbing it together by tuesday, need pump still, and then corals will be added as well. I have 2 cycled canisters running it for now while i get the plumbing done so it should be quite the task tomarrow.

again pics tomarrow with lights on as well, these VHO's are intense and 2 more bulbs are on the way with new ballast.

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
Awsome pic up can't wait for pics what are your plans for the corals?

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
so just a bit of an update. I have the tank in place, plumbing is not done yet, pump will be in tomarrow. I picked a MAG 18 just because my LFS carries them and he gives me killer discounts on everything. Plan to pick up 30 LBS of LR sometime thursday or friday.

Here are some picks as of 5 pm monday.

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
stingray man;2203409; said:
Awsome pic up can't wait for pics what are your plans for the corals?

Ill have to run some tests to see what the lights are capable of with only 3 bulbs and then when i add 2 more bulbs see what difference it will make. This will determine if i can keep SPS or not and were in the tank they will have to be. This will take some time but o well.

If all goes as plan i will have levels of coral. Top-sps, mid-lps, bottom-softies and sand dwelling corals provided lighting is sufficient. The tank will be rather packed but thats okay.

The sump is a 40 gallon breeder. I will run a fuge with mangrove plants for massive nitrate and phosphate reduction. this will help maintain proper water chemistry and prevent unsightly algae from taking over in the tank. I will also probably keep some muscles in there to help with filter feeding as well, and also macroalgae to grow pods and other beneficial reef bugs for fish.

goal in 7 months is to have all the rock added into the tank, fuge running at full swing and have calcium reactors and other such equiptment on the tank for supporting the needs of the corals. Its going to take a bit of reserch for all of this but thats okay, it will be a nice end result. after a year i hope to have a pair of mandarians, if this is possible and see what happens.

More pics tonight when the rock is built up. Thanks for reading.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
so just an update. the rock is built and the coral is up and looking good. Fish are swimming and eating great. Here are some pics of the tank now. I will be going to a few good fish stores to get some more fish and corals. Ill post some pics of them later when i get them, for now here's the tank up and running.

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

I hope you guys enjoy, ill be updating this thread as the tank continues to take shape. Thanks for looking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store