filtration help please......

rickyricardo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2008
new england
Last night I brought home a new tank (new to me). It is a 125 and Iam very excited! :drool: I havent decided how I will stock it but I am pretty sure that it will not be a predator tank. To messy. So here is my first dilemma and I am sure it wont the last. I need help with filtration. Right now I have a new Marineland 360 canister. It is rated at 360 gph for tanks up to 100gal. Because of finances this has to be my main filter. Now what to go with this? :confused: I have on hand two cascade 700's rated at 185 gph for tanks up to 65gal. I also have one AC110. Now can any of these successfully work together to keep this tank nice and clean? I know people are out there dying to advise me to get an FX5 or even two of them. It's not going to happen. Just two expensive right now. So please help me out within my budget.

I guess what I am wondering is can two filters rated for 55 gal tanks be of any use on a 125?

Thanks everyone............................rick

Of course is an FX5 or something similar is the only way to go then I may have to do that.

galen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
USA
hmm, im my opinion run the c-360 alongside the ac110. in addition to those two, get a powerhead for water circulation. (hint- gotta petsmart near you? great! go to their webiste, print out the page showing the cost for a powerhead you choose and take it to the store to save some cash!).

finally, to help raise some money, sell those cascade filters. i have heard from some users that they have bypass. thats my two cents.

rickyricardo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2008
new england
galen;2207283; said:
finally, to help raise some money, sell those cascade filters. i have heard from some users that they have bypass. thats my two cents.
What does that mean?

abigman67

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2007
New York
I have a 125 gallon also! I have (2) Penguin 360's that work great! I also have two canister's! A eheim 2217 and a csacade 1000. They all work good as a team for the tank. I would say with what you have now it would be ok. Just be patiant and when your finances are where you would like them go ahead and look for a good (canister) I like Eheims! There alot of models out there just do a little research and the right one will jump out at you! Good Luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store