Help ~ Air bubble in the eye!!!

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
It looks like an air bubble on top of my datnoid's eye lense. What should I do or what kind of medicine should I use to treat it? The temperature is at 78.2F and I do daily water change.

Please help! thanks :nilly:

HPIM1640.jpg

FishPower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
LosAngeles
increase water changes, add salt, and up the temp...i dont think you need any meds for this because it looks like you caught the eye problem early. I had an indo with the same eye problem and it healed up fine

good luck... and keep us posted =]

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
you pic is blurry and can't really see what the problem is. Does it look similar to this problem the fish in the pic below has?

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
FishPower;2223537; said:
increase water changes, add salt, and up the temp...i dont think you need any meds for this because it looks like you caught the eye problem early. I had an indo with the same eye problem and it healed up fine

good luck... and keep us posted =]
ITS getting WORST!!!

the whole eye is opague now :irked:

:cry:

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Bderick67;2224036; said:
you pic is blurry and can't really see what the problem is. Does it look similar to this problem the fish in the pic below has?
This is what happen

1) Air bubbles begin to stick onto the eye (bubbles from the filter)
2) The fish scratches itself on the bottom of the tank (barebottom tank)
3) More air bubbles sticking onto the surface of the lense
4) A large clear lump appear in which it looks like an air bubble on the surface of the lense
5) the lump starting to turn into opague (Yesterday)
6) the eye starting to turn opague
7) the lump partially disappear and the eye becomes cloudy

I changed my water everyday (around 10-20%), I added jungle and aqua-sol before...

The temperature is at 26 to 26.5 celsius, thats around 78 - 79.2 F

The tank starts out as green water > light green (water change) > light yellow (medication / jungle / water change) > deep yellow > light yellow (water change) > light green > light yellow (water change) > light yellow (water change) > light yellow (aqua-sol / yesterday)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store