Clown loaches and other tank mates ?

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
I am still getting ideas on what to put in my 120Gal tank when i get my new tank ( 240Gal ) and swop my fish round , a while back i posted up a thread about Clown Loaches to go in with my GFRG and Oscars but as Clown's are slow growers i was adviced not to go with a school unless i found some very large ones .

Basicly what i am asking is if i get a school of maybe 8-10 2-3inch Clown's what other fish could i but with them , i know i could put say small Tetras, Discus, small barbs, Corys Ect. But i do not want them types of fish i would like some small - medium Cichlids or similar types of fish to go with some Clown loaches nothing that will out grow the tank unless it could go with my current fish which are stated in my sig' . So what fish do you all suggest i could get to go with them in my 120Gal tank ?

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
R' ok didn't know that we have a big list of compatible fish for Clown's .

Thank you .

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I've also got some of my successful tankmates on my blog. Good luck!

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Thanks , What would you suggest for the 120Gal tank and how many Clown's should i get ?

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
djarmstrong;2251218; said:
Thanks , What would you suggest for the 120Gal tank and how many Clown's should i get ?
Try 10 clowns for a start. If you like cichlids, go with uarus or severums. Both work very well with them. As always, arulius barbs and filament barbs work greatly with them.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Nice ! I'll be def' getting some Clown's then when i swop around tanks and Uarus , I have wanted to get some Uarus for a while but my current fish would just not get along with them that well so i put off getting some .

10 Clown's to start with , say 3 uraus and what other type of Cichlid could i get apart from the Severums ? and do you think i could get any more Clown's later on ?

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
A 120g can support 15 clowns although most people have more than that. If you want other options, you could try some geophagus. I wouldn't try African cichlids due to several different requirements no matter how much you try to be able to keep both without issues.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Cool , how many Geophagus would be best to get ? If i get say 10 - 15 Clown's and 3 Urau's .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store