3 important question

truck_317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
State College PA
1st question I have a 55 gallon tank and i was cheap and used my old rocks from my 29 gallon tank and added differnet colors rock on top of them so i did not need to buy 50 pounds of rock. my question is when i do a water change could i take half of the rock out of my tank and pick the colors apart and then put them back in and then the next week do the same thing to the other side. i know this will make my water really dirty will this do any harm to my fish and what is your opinoin on this. please reply.

2nd question. when i do water changes should i use stress coat or is there a better product out there.

3rd question- i am using a 29 gallon tank for a breeding tank and some other small fish in there so they dont get beat up in my bigger tank. I just put a 40 gallon sponge filter in there a week and a half ago with a 40 gallon air pump i also have a whipser 30 gallon power filter and it seems like the sponge filter is doing more work is this common or do i need a new power filter.

Please reply to all of these questions

ronin_man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
1. shouldnt have any affect of your fish
2. use seachem prime
3. i havent had any doing with thoughs filters you'll have to wait to see what other members say

hybridtheoryd16

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2007
kentucky
measure your parameters like ammonia nitrite and nitrate for the water change schedule for awhile. It may need to be done every day or once a week. When the tank is cycled then you can do the weekly 50% or what ever.-------------If you need one at walmart then aquasafe is a good dechlorinator they carry. ---------------if you mean works harder by gets dirty faster then yea the sponge filters filter out smaller particles then alot of poly filters so they will get dirtier faster.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store