"Red" Datnoids???????

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
My LFS tells me the can special order "gold", "silver" and "red" datnoids. Im pretty sure the silver is the American tiger, and the gold is the Indo as Ive ordered one before.

But what do you guys think a "red" datnoid is? Anybody heard this term before?? I wonder what it could be besided an Indo or American? Any ideas?

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I've heard this once before. I think it's a Mangrove Jack.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
interesting, thanks! so its one of these guys then? its a beautiful fish. never seen anybody keep these before...

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
jcardona1;2257077; said:
interesting, thanks! so its one of these guys then? its a beautiful fish. never seen anybody keep these before...
OMG the boy from the grudge! :eek: thats it I am gonna post some SCARY avatar to scare you back!

ARe you the person in the picture? :D

it is mangrove jack >.>;;

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Fishes33;2257097; said:
OMG the boy from the grudge! :eek: thats it I am gonna post some SCARY avatar to scare you back!

ARe you the person in the picture? :D

it is mangrove jack >.>;;
sorry, but peekachoos dont scare me :D

islander671;2257103; said:
I dont know much about them, but believe they are brackish with migratory tendancies into saltwater?
yeah, i just did some quick reading on them. they require water with salt as they mature. great looking fish though!

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
jcardona1;2257123; said:

yeah, i just did some quick reading on them. they require water with salt as they mature. great looking fish though!
Yea they do look pretty nice, imagine it in a large tank with a mangrove aquascape.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
jcardona1;2257123; said:

Its Pikachu!!!! :irked:

islander671;2257128; said:
Yea they do look pretty nice, imagine it in a large tank with a mangrove aquascape.
Grouper Show Tank, that would be AWESOME!

Panther, saddleback, goliath, etc etc :D :D

sudi817

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2008
Toronto
I just notice that there are two different colours of IT, one is the ideal Banana-Gold-Yellow IT just like what we see on stable NTT's and ST's and the other one is a Salmon-Red-Orange IT that colour looks just like a CT. Maybe this Salmon-Red-Orange is the Red datnoid that your LFS is talking about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store