FH on black sand oops

TwistedPenguin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
Is this why black substrate isn't recommended for Flowerhorns?? I moved my 3-4" FH into a 75 gal in the livingroom and used black sand. The 1st picture is right before the move and the 2nd one is after! Is this the reason you guys always say to use light sand? lol Wow, what a difference, he turned black! It sort of looks cool but I know they're not supposed to look that way. Yup, that's me. Won't listen to anyone and just have to see for myself :-/

cnoel08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2008
memphis, tn
i think it looks better in the 2nd pic!

beantickler

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
~Pittsburgh~
TwistedPenguin;2291847; said:
Is this why black substrate isn't recommended for Flowerhorns?? I moved my 3-4" FH into a 75 gal in the livingroom and used black sand. The 1st picture is right before the move and the 2nd one is after! Is this the reason you guys always say to use light sand? lol Wow, what a difference, he turned black! It sort of looks cool but I know they're not supposed to look that way. Yup, that's me. Won't listen to anyone and just have to see for myself :-/
lol... That sux brudda... Toss in some colorfull ornaments or plants or something?

TwistedPenguin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
There's colorful plants already along with driftwood. All the decorations are the same, just the black sand was new. I guess I may be headed out tomorrow to get some light colored sand lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store