Rtc and a Silver Arowana in a 300gal tank for life ?

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
As some of you know i am in the process on getting a 300Gal tank which my current fish will be going in see sig' for my fish , but i would also like to add a couple more fish in there when i have the tank all setup and i have been looking at a website that i can get RTC's off along with Silver Arowana's - But do you all think i could get one of each and keep them both in the for life ? Also are there both fast growers ? As when i/ or if i get them both they will only be about 3 - 4inch in lenght .

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
2 fish that can grow to 3' each in 300 gallons? You're pushing the envelope! If you had JUST them and no other fish maybe........if you could keep up with the water changes!

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Knowdafish;2299971; said:
2 fish that can grow to 3' each in 300 gallons? You're pushing the envelope! If you had JUST them and no other fish maybe........if you could keep up with the water changes!
Thats what i thinking and are asking , i know that there grow very big and my current fish do also grow big and didnt want to order the RTC and Silver A' without getting some opinions on this and waste my money .

Bluey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
Here.
Get the aro , pass on the RTC

Besides the RTC would prob eat the aro latter on , haha

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
Bluey;2300006; said:
Get the aro , pass on the RTC

Besides the RTC would prob eat the aro latter on , haha
Agreed. I think the aro would work on a 30" wide tank since they are flexible. The RTC would not IMO. Why don't you consider a black or Australian aro instead? Supposedly, most silvers get drop eye.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Ok thank ,there is a small it think about 5inch Silver A' in my LFS for about £29.00 is that a good price for one that size ? Or i could get a smaller one for a little less off a website but then i would have to pay for P+P .

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
djarmstrong;2300056; said:
Ok thank ,there is a small it think about 5inch Silver A' in my LFS for about £29.00 is that a good price for one that size ? Or i could get a smaller one for a little less off a website but then i would have to pay for P+P .
That seems reasonable!!!!! Also I'd pass on The RTC. If you really want a catfish get a tsn or a marbled pim.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Big Oscar Fan;2300062; said:
That seems reasonable!!!!! Also I'd pass on The RTC. If you really want a catfish get a tsn or a marbled pim.
Ok to just check what a TSN is - is it a Tiger Shovelnose Catfish ? Because they also get about 3foot in lenght .

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
djarmstrong;2300066; said:
Ok to just check what a TSN is - is it a Tiger Shovelnose Catfish ? Because they also get about 3foot in lenght .
Yes, they reach about 2 feet. You may also want to try a lima shovelnose.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store