new 30gal salt.

RedDevilDon2005

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2006
Lawrenceburg, In
www.myspace.com
ok, so i just set up one of my 30s to salt. i used natures ocean live sand and instant ocean salt. i dont know what im gonna do with it so im open to suggestions. i still need to get some live rock, i plan on putting it on both ends of the tank and leaving the middle open. my levels are at 36 ppt, and 1.027 SG.

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
What kind of lighting do you have? How about a reef tank with a lot of inverts (shrimp, snails, crabs).

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
a nano reef would be nice..

in a smaller tank you're rather limited in the sorts of monster fish or predators you could keep
namely sharpnose puffers, dwarf lionfish, dwarf morays ($$$) or tilefish

or could go along the lines of the 'nemo' tank.. with all the familiar small fish

of course there are a butt load of other smaller fish that aren't so commonly seen and actually rather beautiful and exotic

Malawi-

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
Oregon
Looks like a standard flourescent fixture, but it looks pretty bright...

RedDevilDon2005

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2006
Lawrenceburg, In
www.myspace.com
lighting is an Aqua Ray, fresh and saltwater, 20W T12. its pretty bright. its actually brighter than in the pic, the lid needs to be cleaned. im kinda iffy about the reef tank, that seems like a big jump, never having a salt tank, but i want to stay away from the whole nemo style tank. but im not saying no to a reef, it just seems kinda like a big jump lol

Malawi-

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
Oregon
Oh its a jump for sure. :) Just read, get educated, be patience, think ahead, and listen, and your tank will be okay.

Malawi-

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
Oregon
lol, oh wow. if you have specific questions feel free to PM me them..

SkiPro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2008
Whitby
nice i just set up a 15 gal nano reef 2 months ago. now im hooked and planning a bigger 120 gallon reef.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store