Gar not eating feeders?

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Hi everyone,not sure if you have read my other thread,(wots wrong with my gar) but if you have you will know what im going on about,but i put him in a smaller tank 2 or 3 weeks ago so he should be settled,but last friday i put 5 neons in to see if he would go for them and perhaps start growing, ive tried everything else! But he has shown absolutely no interest in them at all, when they swim near him,sooner than eat them it looks like they scare him, and there is nothing else in the tank,so he is not competing with anything,so what is wrong with him?

Cheers steve

lordofthejewsjr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2008
thats a good question
try guppies and how big and what type is your gar?

Malawi-

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
Oregon
Will he eat other foods?

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Hes a florida/spotted and hes just under 9 inches and the ONLY thing he will eat is bloodworm,would guppies work better than neons then?

cheers steve

IMG_2233.jpg

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
I know its not a brilliant pic but the 4" ornate in the background is nearly the same size as him now.

cheers steve

Pyerun

Banned
Oct 29, 2007
michigan
Sorry to hear your gar problems. Unfortunately the individual that knows what is wrong with your fish and actually could help you was banned over a stupid post in the most worthless part of this site. He will unfortunately not be coming back...

My suggestion to you is go elsewhere and find a site that has people with expertise in these fish so you can actually get your questions answered by qualified and experienced individuals.

Obviously your never going to receive any form of assistance in this matter here. Which should be abundantly clear by now....

EDIT : Pyerun = philryti = Polypterus

ip match.jpg

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
Pm e_americanus or demjor, they will be able to give you the answers you are looking for. if not, pm me i will give you richards contact

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Have you tried cut pieces of shrimp or do you want it to eat feeders?

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
if it doesn't eat feeders then it's highly unlikely to take prepared foods, i would have thought it was because of stress from tankmates or the water, but since it's not the case, im out of ideas.

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
is the pleco still in the tank with him? i just re-read the other post and saw that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store