Took a trip to the hatchery today

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Mainly tanganyican,normally wholesale only but they invite club group visits.He sells some fish retail online at reservestockcichlids.com this place is amazing!1100 tanks of wild caught and carefully selected breeders and fry,my group visits once a year and this is my third trip.I still walked around like this:jaw: all afternoon.The owner Doug is a fountain of knowlege and loves to talk fish the longer I stayed the more I wanted to leave with.
I couldnt pass up the black calvus his breeders were just too nice got 6
New tropheus as well Tropheus moorii Lufubu - Purple Rainbow he only had 6 ready but promised to contact me about the next batch of fry in about 2 months when they are ready.The parents were incredible.
I got 4 more albino eureka red peacocks to add to my group.
And walked past his breeder lelupi too many times had to take a few, the hottest orange you can imagine with purple masks.

So I got 6 of those

Not my taste but he had the hottest firefish I ever saw,if I hadnt seen his breeder male I would insist an accurate photo of it must have been photoshopped,the color was beyond belief.
Unfortunatly no photos,my wife stayed home with the kids and she normally takes all my pics.But as my new fish grow and start to show good color you can expect to see photos of them here!:D

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Sounds very fun and cool. Wish I had somewhere like that around here. Would love to see pics especially of your Calvus.

Malawi-

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2008
Oregon
Sounds like a better day then I had. Any photos?

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Oh dont worry,when these guys grow a bit Ill get pics of them up.
Its cool seeing the breeding setups and the dozens of clutches of eggs tumbling.He goes through a 5 gallon jug of newly hatched brine shrimp every day.:nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store