help!! my indo twitches and scratches himself on the gravel.

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i fed it some market shrimp yesterday it was eating fine as usual but after 30 mins or eating, it turned unstable and ever since then it starts twitching and scratches itself on the gravel. any advice on what to do. i know its not natural. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Bichir4Life

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2008
Canada
I don't know what the twitching is but scratching on the gravel? Sounds kinda like flashing to me.

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Check water params, and cut out the salty foods for a couple days.

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i gave it some nox-itch its doing alot better,

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
well.. I'd say dats just plain out do this from time to time.. salty foods is said to cause this and also bad water quality. but even when my water is pristine and the dats get no salty food at all they still do this.

I freaked out the first time but then I got used to it.. keep the water clean and feed various food and if he still does it, just accept it. Its not harmful unless you can see physical damage from scratching to much.

There is something called gill flukes which is a parasite that dats can get, but from what I have gathered it is highly more likely the dat just think it feels good with a good rub from time to time.

how often does he do this?

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ettfettbranamn;2386617; said:
well.. I'd say dats just plain out do this from time to time.. salty foods is said to cause this and also bad water quality. but even when my water is pristine and the dats get no salty food at all they still do this.

I freaked out the first time but then I got used to it.. keep the water clean and feed various food and if he still does it, just accept it. Its not harmful unless you can see physical damage from scratching to much.

There is something called gill flukes which is a parasite that dats can get, but from what I have gathered it is highly more likely the dat just think it feels good with a good rub from time to time.

how often does he do this?
before the nox-itch, it was twitching and rubbing against something for about 2 days, thats when i gave it some itch medicine. its doing ok right now. but scratches here and there. i think im gonna give one more dose of the nox itch and keep and eye on it for about few more days.

Datnoid101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Off the deep end
tigercraze.com
Check the inner gills for redness or inflammation. If it has these symtems its gill flukes. Any visible ich? Like stated previously, dats tend to do this from time to time. I would recommend doing more frequent and larger water changes. Good luck

christ4paul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i checked the gills its perfectly normal, i think its just itching. but i still cant figure out what the twitching is. its pretty stable now, and scratching less then before. also i did water changes few days ago. so im just keeping watch. i threw in some meds so well see how it turns out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store