Black rays...who is buying one when/if they land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I want to hear from consumers only, no vendors or breeders please.

Who is buying one? How many? How much are you wanting/willing/able to pay?

Are you going to gamble and hope that there is a run of years with quotas or jump on one now?

:popcorn:

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
buying black rays right now is a bit like playing the stock market

you may buy high and the prices crash

i think if you wanted a black ray that bad you would have brought it by now the ban being lifted means nothing for at least 1 year were prices are concerned

the going price for a leo right now is around £800 i dont think they will ever get cheaper than £600

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
I had a contact "soposidly" could get me leos for $800 and bd or eclipse for 1500 but when you add shipping and tax and everything on, it isnt any cheaper then captive bred and then you run the chance of them not being as healthy. I think Ill wait a few years and see how my pair does ;)

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
i just love black rays so im prob gonna buy about as many as i can fit in my tanks:D

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
I wont buy one cuz of the hype, I would rather wait it out...

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Thanks for the input so far guys!

How about this, for ****s and giggles list what type (P14,leo,hen), how much you are WILLING to pay and how much you are ABLE to pay.

Me:

Leo, willing to pay $500-1000, able to pay $500-1000

Marius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
I want to get myself some decent stock in the future for myself ...but I am leaning towards captive bred. There's too many options here, of quality stock, tagged rays and lineage available, not to mention guaranteed no health issues.

I'm staying away from wild stock for now mainly because vet school isn't done.

Marius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
JD7.62;2397164; said:
Thanks for the input so far guys!

How about this, for ****s and giggles list what type (P14,leo,hen), how much you are WILLING to pay and how much you are ABLE to pay.

Me:

Leo, willing to pay $500-1000, able to pay $500-1000

I doubt you'll find some prices like that anytime soon, Mike here has some amazing stock and some of the lowest prices for captive bred (1200$). If he ever sells for $500 I'm getting first dibbs right now on a dozen of them :headbang2

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Wow, its still early with a few replies but it appears that the demand for wild rays is low compared to CB. What would it take to buy a wild ray over CB? A lower price, what?

Arent leos and hens considered to be very hardy though so wouldnt wild be a safer bet then say a wild motoro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store