NGT with indos and NTT

neurospeed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
Hawaii
Ok guys, I'm getting a NGT soon. I currently have 4 indos and a NTT together. Indos are between 4.5 to 6 inches, NTT is 6 inches. The NGT is about 3 inches. Will they play nice together? I'm thinking 6 Dats should curb the aggression a bit. Currently the indos chase eachother and have some nipped fins. They are in a 55 long for now. They will move to a bigger tank when they get bigger. Thanks in advance.

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
It can work, just keep an eye on things. Do you already have a dominant tiger? NGT can be pretty aggresive, but since he is smaller and will be the new member it may work out without much issue. Be warned though, Tigers will be Tigers, and pecking order is a must with them.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
It's been mixed before. Just keep an eye on things.

Patron88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2008
London
I keep two together, they get along fine. It all depends though, more is probably better, they do get territorial..

DSC00595.JPG

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They should be o k I have a small group with the above mentioned species and they get along well.My problem is getting all of them from eating feeders,my thinbar and my one eyed indo will take krill from the water surface but the others wont,the ngt used to but just stopped one day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store