Bartkee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2008
Amsterdam
hey guys,
ive posted a thread about this issue but that one was a little unclear,
so ill keep it easy this time.

Are 2 dat's in one tank always a problem? fighting wise ofcourse.
I have 2 microlepis(3 inch) in one tank at the moment, but dont seem te get allong real nice, and are pretty unstable. im moving them to a big tank 200 gl.
any suggestions except for adding more? im adding 1 more but i cant get anymore in holland.

Tigerfish908

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2008
NJ/PA
U def need to either get rid of 1 or get somemore...
2 tigers will not work..They need to be either alone or in a group of at least 3.
In the 200g u should be good with 3 tigers as long as u have enough hiding places.

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
Yes it is a problem..I will have a look around if there are some more available and will keep you updated :) (I am also dutch)

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
The idea to deal with Dat aggression is to spread out the aggression so they aren't consistently picking on one particular one. So get a group would help.

Bartkee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2008
Amsterdam
thanx for youre reaction.
im getting some help from loubard to find (hopefully) 2 more.
That might solve the problem. I hope so!
do you think adding other fish than dat's can solve the problem aswell? or is it just a terratorial thing with the dat's?

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
It doesn't always happen, I have had tanks with only 2 Dats that got along fine.

More often then not IT's will fight with each other no matter how many you have. Just give them enough room and hiding spots. Add other fish (if not more Dats) to spread out this aggression.

If you get Dats of different sizes, this will help as well. A Dat that is much larger then the rest does not see the need to harass the others because it wont see them as a threat. The dominate Dat will often set the mood in the tank IME, and will often times break up fights between other dats.

GL

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
i agree with tcz. there is no standard rule when it comes to fish. i have two ITs (5" and 9") in my 210 and they get along fine. they usually hang out in the same spot. never witnessed any agression between them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store