question of albino corys

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
sorry, i dont know where to put this thread ...

so i am not really a fan of corys (although they are starting to grow on me...)
anyhow, the most important question is can they go with cichlids?
if not then the following question doesnt matter ;)
anyhow, at a LFS today i saw some really cool albinos. they were maybe 3/4" and BRIGHT WHITE, which is what turned me on to them, because i think BRIGHT albino's of any fish are cool.
anyhow, it then occured to me that in all my years of fish keeping, i have never been struck by albino corys. i'm assuming i have passed 100 tanks full of them. (though not positive, i assume they are common? like i say i havent paid attention to them in the past)
so my question is, do they lose that BRIGHTness over time as they get larger? or will they always be that way?
is the same true for other albinos?

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
my cories are about 1/2 inch bigger since i got them and they just as bright and light colored.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Are you talking about the tank at Aquarium Adventure? I was going to pick up some of them this weekend myself but I saw they had a 5"+ raefele (sp) cat for 10 bucks after discount. so I got him instead.

On a side note they had small spotter raefeles for 10 bucks also. And they have the lateral spines like the nigers that I know you were looking for. and the one guy said they should do fine with my 10 and 11" jags. something to think about.

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
petland actually
i think im gonna check out AA on thursday since i got a 40% off coupon in my email

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
Mine are still pretty white.

They lived with small convicts and a Jewel Cichlid in the past with no issues. They currently live with a 6"ish Senegal with 0 problems, he is just in there to grow though.

I like them, neat little catfish.

Subway

Feeder Fish
Apr 2, 2009
Chico, Ca.
I got two albino cories and just fell in love with them. I'm setting up a new tank right now and I'm going to get a few more for it. Mine are still as bright as the day I got them. That's another reason I liked the albino cories, most albino fish look dead, but these guys are really just, well, white. They're pretty entertaining to watch, they're like little mice in your fish tank. Very cute. :goldfish:

Wulfonce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2009
Ontario
I have 5 albino corys ranging from 3/4" to 3" and there all still very white.:nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store