Dat price Q(work at chain pet store)

L3GiT

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
atlanta
NGT's been on my vendor order list last few weeks at 59.99$ a piece, they come in 2-3 inches. What is the usual going rate for this size? Price seems effin ridiculus...I would have to atleast charge 120$(59.99$ is the store cost).

ECarbonel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2007
wow i havent seen any ngt's in my area so i couldnt tell. im sure more of the dat gurus will know

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
There is a vendor on this site selling 4-5" NGT for $125.

A price of $120 for 2-3" isn't unheard of, because they seem to be harder to find lately.

Guess it depends if you have the type of customers that would spend that kind of money. I think it is harder for chain stores to move expensive fish.

GL

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
NGT at a chain store? Any pics? I didn't think chain stores brought them in. I know New Guniea has strict export rules.

Edit: Just re read the post, and realized they are on the list and not the store. If they are actually NGT then that price is a steal, they were on sale locally for over 200 at a local store.

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
That price is very reasonable. At one time they were the hardest datnoid to get and were very expensive, more so than widebars. I remember getting 3-4 inch widebars for $25 each while the NGTs were three to four times that for the same sized fish. Within the past couple of years they became common and the prices dropped dramatically. Now it seems that they are getting harder to get again, so the prices are going up. $60 is not a bad price compared to what they were say about 5 years ago. That price, by all means is not "effin ridiculus"

L3GiT

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
atlanta
Im fine with the 60$ price tag, but thats store cost. Normal markup is 4 times. 240$....120$ i would charge, Thanks for the input guys. And as far as chain stores go, My specific store is an exception.

I picked up 3 and there great looking. 2 are stable and im afraid the 3rd isn't going to make it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store