New Tank!! YA!!

26pets

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
Somewhere
I got a new tank today!! My friend gave it to me. Its I believe a 50gallon bowfront. Its going to be saltwater. I already have it set up and cycling. The question is what to put in it. I really want a puffer fish, but I also want a lion fish. But I dont want something that will out grow the tank?

Mantis411

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2007
Canada
either a puffer or a lion could work but not both.... it would have to be a smaller kind of puffer (a toby)

but im no expert

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
even for a toby id recommend something a little larger. Lions are a good bet and even a eel, depending on the tank dimensions. otherwise you kinda limited for larger fish. Smaller reef safe wrasses and gobies and such would work very well for that type of tank. You could also make it a reef down the road after your feet are wet for a while.

26pets

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
Somewhere
I might just keep it as a tank for small fish. I.E. Wrasses, Damsels, Gobies, Chromis, and maybe some clowns and ex...

26pets

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
Somewhere
Its a fairly good size tank. It could probably take a dwarf lion? It looks bigger than it is. Its probley not going to be a reef tank. Even though it has the lighting for it. Its probley going to be a fish only tank. Since I already have a reef tank. =P

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
26pets;2432339; said:
Its a fairly good size tank. It could probably take a dwarf lion? It looks bigger than it is.

that actually usually a bad thing. means the tank is narrow (front to back)

i have over the years amassed a list of fish that are smaller versions of larger fish. because up to about a month and a half ago my largest tank was 29 gallons, so it was make it or break it.

groupers:
chalk bass
tobacco bass
harlequin bass
larger dottybacks
red tail bass
lioproma basslets (swale's, swissgaurd, etc)

eels:
meltremus eels :)drool:)
chain eels
yellowhead
white eyed

lionfish:
fuzzy dwarfs
fumanchu
zebra
radiata

puffers/triggers:
pretty much any tilefish, toby, orsharpenosed puffer

wrasses:
fairy wrasses
flasher wrasses
lined wrasses
pencil wrasses
bimaculatus hogfish
peppermint hogfish

then of course there are dwarf angels, anthias, and butterflies.. which would pretty much fit in the tank anyways

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store