The OFFICIAL Knifefish Photo Thread

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
This was a species that was mixed in with a bag of small Carapo Knifefish.. It's pattern is distinct, and much different.. Unsure of the exact species, as it is not G. Tiger, but it is a very nice fish nonetheless. This one was a little beat up, but he healed up nicely and wen't out the door fast!

ZebraKnife.jpg

JuvieTigre.jpg

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
AKA: Glass Knife, Electric Knife, Green Knife..

Another peaceful Knifefish that can be kept in shoals.. Our Exporter claims them to be rare, but once again there was very little demand for them. These guys are different than the "Transparent" Knives that are more commonly available.

Electricknife.jpg

ElectricKnife2.jpg

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Here are some Photos of Knifefish that aren't mine.. Credits go out to the owners :thumbsup: Thanks Guys!

Includes:

Golden Carapo Knife
Aba Aba Knife
White Knife
Duckhead Knife
Elephant-Nose Knife
Trumpet Knife (?)

AbaAbaknife.jpg

DragonKnife.jpg

Orthostenarchus_tamandua.jpg

Elephant Knife.jpg

AlbinoCarapo.jpg

AlbinoKnife.jpg

TigerKnife.jpg

TrumpetKnife.jpg

WhiteKnife.jpg

hewhorunswithscissors

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
California
the trumpet nose is not a knife...that is a mormyrid. From Africa. ALso, Aba Aba, despite being called a knife are more closely related to Mormyrids than to the S. American knifes (that are also from Africa, like other mormyrids). An Aba is a HUGE fish... its my DREAM FISH. How big should the tank be? Well, whatever you think is appropriate for a 5-6ft fish that is reasonably active. That is why I don't have one. I can dream though!

Hey, Miles, very nice pics though... your photos / thread I am sure got some people more interested in these cool fish!!

Reactions: amazontank
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store