Difference between SILVER/BLACK/BLUE arowanas!

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia/Perth, Australia
Hey guys...i was just wondering if anyone knew how to tell a silver, black and blue arowana apart wen they r not babies anymore. im just a bit confused cuz they r somewhat similar and also i do not think that all my silvers r in fact silvers! how can i ID?

alwaystrouble

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2008
EAST COAST USA
Black and Blue are the same Arowana, Silvers are silver in color with a pink redish tail, Blacks body color are darker then a silver and has organge around the tail, Silvers are more common then Blacks, Silver grow faster and bigger, hope this is helpful

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
And Blacks tend to loose their darker colour when growing up and get more close in appearance to Silvers, even if always more elegant, with less mass.

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
ooo i c...so they basically almost look the same wen they grow bigger... :s....maybe ill take sum pics of my arows in the tank so u guys can ID them lol

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
WOW those r amazing pictures mate! and yehhhh i see wat u mean...the black arowana seems to have a more narrow ending the the tail compared to the silvers...almost like the end of an arrow!

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Thinking of getting some black? heheheheh they are more pricey than silver though ... quite a lot more actually - in RTG range or similar.

But black could happily live in your growout tank for LONG time (if i read MFK correctly, they don't grow as fast or as big as silvers) - i will be trying out black (from singapore) next monday ^^

manbai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
Malaysia
awesome pics....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store