Losing My NTT

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
So, two days ago, I noticed my NTT with a sunken stomach after having seen it eat before and then it started swimming erradically. I have no idea how it got an internal parasite as all the fish in the tank have been in there for a couple months. I threw it in a hospital tank that already had salt, pima and mela in it but I added some PraziPro. What else can I do? I've lost few polys to this but never anything else.

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Heat and and lots of aeration usually helps. Im not to sure about dosing with melafix and pimafix unless there is an underlying problem you suspect? With prazi i usally do smaller doses for my dats over a longer period of time. Also keep the lights off and try not to stress him with to much movement by the tank.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
islander671;2458725; said:
Heat and and lots of aeration usually helps. Im not to sure about dosing with melafix and pimafix unless there is an underlying problem you suspect? With prazi i usally do smaller doses for my dats over a longer period of time. Also keep the lights off and try not to stress him with to much movement by the tank.
thanks, I'll try to adjust the things you said. the pima and mela were already in there. I'm sure they won't help the NTT, just saying they're in there.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
well, it's hanging on still but is looking terrible. Both eyes are super cloudy and it's pale and thin. It mostly has it's face near the bottom and is upside-down hovering.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
hoping for the best man! tell him to hang in there!

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
For 3 days now, all it was doing was laying on the bottom, eyes hazed over with the only sign of life being breathing. So, I decided to put it down with Clove oil :irked:

He just got stable again, too. Luckily, everyone else in the tank it got it in is fine and no white pewps.

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
pwmin;2483920; said:
For 3 days now, all it was doing was laying on the bottom, eyes hazed over with the only sign of life being breathing. So, I decided to put it down with Clove oil :irked:

He just got stable again, too. Luckily, everyone else in the tank it got it in is fine and no white pewps.
Man, that sucks. I know how you feel. As you know, I just put my IT down with clove oil because it was displaying the exact same symptoms. I dosed my tank with Prazipro today because of the white poo I've been finding. Just noticed today that the new Odoe has Ich:nilly:.

The Ich will be easy for me to treat. I am praying the PraziPro does it's job.

I wonder what parasite has affected our fish. I tried to do research on a parasite that causes cloudy eyes but never found anything. I was told that cloudy eyes are only caused by poor water conditions or injury, but that sure wasn't the case with either of our dats:confused:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store